Today we want to teach you how-to-make one of our favorite summertime beverages, cold brew coffee! It is one of the easiest coffee methods out there - as simple as one, two, brew.
Cold brew coffee is like iced coffee's more badass sibling. The main difference between cold brew and iced coffee involves temperature. Cold brew is brewed cold and never heated, while iced coffee is normal coffee that's cooled down.
The three main benefits are:
- Sweeter, less acidic
- Strong flavor, not diluted
- More caffeine
Okay, so lets get started!
- Coarsely grind 1 cup of your favorite fresh whole bean coffee. You're going to use 4 cups of cold filtered water. Using a coarser grind will make your coffee taste far less bitter.
- Dump your grounds and pour cold filtered water into a large French Press or mason jar. Stir the grinds in the water making sure they're fully saturated.
- Put your mixture in the fridge and forget about it for twelve to sixteen hours.
- When you're ready to filter the coffee, plunge your French Press carefully and pour into another jar using a funnel lined with a paper coffee filter.
That's it, nice and easy! You can enjoy your cold brew coffee with ice and cream, milk or your other favorite coffee things. The cold brew coffee will keep for up to 2 weeks covered and chilled in the fridge.
Try our Black Bear whole beans for a strong & fruity cold brew coffee » CLICK HERE.